This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1119
Release Date: August 8, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS
Running Time: 1:18:42
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1119
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- New England Division Convention Canceled Due to Pandemic
- Radio Amateur Takes Part in Historic First Commercial Human Spaceflight to International Space Station
- ARRL Volunteer Monitors Recognize Good Operators
- New Smartphone App Helps Identify Unknown Data Modes
- Canadian Amateur Radio Hall of Fame Nominations Sought
- ARRL Board Confers Awards and Recognitions
- Amateur Radio Volunteers Up and Down The East Coast Go on Alert for Isaias
- ARRL 2020 Simulated Emergency Test Scheduled for October 3rd and 4th Weekend
- German Satellite Demonstrates Orbit Control on a 1U CubeSat
- Meet Up with ARRL Virtually August 7th thru the 9th at QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo
- SAQ Alexanderson Day in the Age of COVID-19
- Lost Video Archive from 1997 Heard Island VK0IR DXpedition Found
- Amazon’s Kuiper Satellite Constellation Gets A Thumbs Up From The FCC
- Radio Society of Great Britain Provides Extra Online Support For News Hams In The United Kingdom
- Registration Begins For The 2021 Youth On The Air Camp In The Americas
- The Millennium Net Falls Silent
- Campus Radio Clubs Face an Altered Fall Landscape In The Fall Semester
- Collegiate QSO Party Is Planned For September
- STAYATHOME special event is declared a success worldwide
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, explains how to create you very own custom e-mail address.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will tell you about his experiences
weather proofing coax connections and what to use.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, tells you what to expect during your first D-X Digital contact.
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The
Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill takes a look at the state of amateur radio in the year, 1977, which
covers the expansion of CB Radio and the two meter FM band.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.