This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1116
Release Date: July 18, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS
Running Time: 1:26:27
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1116
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Proposed Shortwave Station in Illinois Prompts an Objection
- Why WWV and WWVH Still Matter in the Internet Age
- AMSAT-DL Submits Lunar Lander Proposal to European Space Agency
- Yasme Foundation Supporting Grant will Expand Reverse Beacon Network
- FCC Announces Closing of Filing Window at its Headquarters old Headquarters in Washington D.C.
- AMSAT Says Husky-1 CubeSat Project Helped Pave the Way for Future Missions
- International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend on Track for 2020
- Radio Amateur Society of Australia’s QTC Magazine Goes Fully Electronic
- Field Day 2020 is Shaping Up to be One for the Record Books
- DXCC Entities in Play as US Rejects China’s Significant South China Sea Claims
- Radio Amateurs Respond to Flooding in Indonesia
- Russian-Ukrainian Radio War Appears To Be Escalating
- Ireland Radio Group Completes New Digital DMR Network
- Buffalo Soldiers Special Event To Pay Tribute During Special Event Operation
- Reminder Of Two Virtual Ham Radio Events Coming Up Soon
- Radio Club of America Announces 2020 Award Recipients and Fellows
- Radio Amateurs Supports Air Ambulance That Lost Communications With Its Control Tower
- Maritime Mobile Service Network Comes To The Aid Of A Vessel In Distress
- A Newer Solar Cycle 25 Forecast Runs Counter To The Concensus
- Long Island Kids CW Club Is Issued A Freshly Minted Callsign
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, talks about Apples new iOS-14 operating system public beta, and related security issues.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will talk about the corrent type of
climbing belt to use while working on your tower.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will talk about home brewing in the 21st century.
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The
Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill takes a look at the state of amateur radio in the year, 1962
RSS News: http://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.