This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1137
Release Date: December 12, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Eric Zitell, KC2RJX, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:36:50
Download Podcast here: https://bit.ly/TWIAR1137
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Decembers Transatlantic Tests Mark The 99th Anniversary
- Australian Radio Amateurs Denied Access to 60 Meters
- First Solar Image From Hawaii Observatory Shows Close Up Of A Sunspot
- Nathan Simington Confirmed as Newest FCC Member / FCC Chairman Ajit Pai Departing Commission
- Lee Finkel, KY7M, Announced as New Editor of National Contest Journal
- Geomagnetic Storm Watches Were In Effect Through December 11th
- Iceland: 1850 kiloHertz Authorization And 70 MegaHertz Allocation Are Both Renewed
- Brazil LABRE Asks ANATEL To Maintain Approval By Simple Declaration
- IARU Region 2 Executive Committee Approves Dues Reductions for Member-Societies
- Upcoming ARRL Learning Network Webinars
- Tennessee Centenarian Receives ARRL Centurion Award
- FCC to Require Email Addresses on Applications
- Semi-Conductor Factory Fire Expected To Affect Audio Supply Chain
- Oklahoma ARISS Contact Touches A Bit Of Astronaut History – You Will Hear The Contact
- Holiday Special Event 12 Days Of Christmas To Return For Its Third Year
- Illinois Former Amateur Gets Sentenced To Prison For Child Porn
- AMSAT Ireland Has Launched And Is Now Seeking Members
- Launch Window For AMSAT RadFxSat-2 / Fox-1E Opens On December 19th
- UK Ofcom Looks For Input On Proposed Spectrum Management Strategies For The 2020’s
- A Russian Amateur Plans Operations From The Southern Most Tip Of The Planet: Antartica.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY will Present A Reading Of “A Hams Christmas” (Enhancement By N2FNH/SK)
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, will answer the question, this day in age, is the use of a RAM disk still practical? And, he will break down the basics of 5 – G cellular technology
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will present his tower and antenna
short topics list.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will talk about Two Meter Reciprocity and Other Assumptions..
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill takes a look at amateurs radio roll during the dawn of radio broadcasting.
RSS News: https://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: https://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in identification breaks every 10 minutes or less.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, weekends on WA0RCR on 1860 (160 Meters), and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! The bulletin/news service is available and built for air on local repeaters (check with your local clubs to see if their repeater is carrying the news service) and can be downloaded for air as a weekly podcast to your digital device from just about everywhere, including iHeart, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, TuneIn, AnchorFM, Stitcher, iVoox, Blubrry, Castro, Feedburner, gPodder, Listen Notes, NetVibes, OverCast, Player.FM, PocketCast, Podnova, and RSS feeds. This Week in Amateur Radio is also carried on a number of LPFM stations, so check the low power FM stations in your area.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net. Or, just ask Siri, Alexa, or your Google Nest to play This Week in Amateur Radio!
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with our Executive Producer, George, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please feel free to follow us by joining our popular group on Facebook, and follow our daily feed on Twitter!