This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1115
Release Date: July 11, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS
Running Time: 1:12:21
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1115
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Maritime Mobile Service Network Comes to the Aid of Vessel in Distress
- QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Announces Full Lineup of Speakers
- Annual KPH Night of Nights Has Been Canceled
- Web Hosting Service Now Available For Radio Amateurs of Canada Affiliated Clubs
- Russian-Ukrainian Radio War Remains at a High Level
- ARRL Seeks Awards and Programs Assistant
- IARU HF World Championship is Major Mid-Year Event for Everyone
- Newer Solar Cycle 25 Forecast Runs Counter to Consensus
- Washington Club Conducts Outdoor Amateur Exam Session
- New Indiana Hands Free Driving Law Exempts Amateur Radio
- The Rebirth of HF
- Software Defined Radio Academy Goes Virtual
- Amateur In Vermont Runs Into Opposition On Twin Tower Erection
- Regulators In The U.K. Delay Analog Radio Broadcast Switch To All Digital
- Long Island Kids Amateur Radio CW Club Gets A Freshly Minted Callsign
- Rural West Virginia Gets a New Amateur Radio Emergency Network
- DX News Shorts
- Intepid Amateur Radio Club Sponsors A Youth Amateur Radio Essay Contest
- The ARRL Plans To Hold National Convention At The Orlando HamCation in February 2021
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, will discuss security on your Chromebook computer
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, talks about precautions that you
should be taking when working on a sidearm on your tower.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will answer the question, ‘What is a repeater offset, and how does it work?’
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The
Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill takes a close up look at the state of amateur radio in the year
RSS News: http://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.