Release Date: November 27, 2021
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This week’s edition is anchored by Terry Saunders, N1KIN, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Eric Zittel, KD2RJX, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 2:17:43
Podcast Download: https://bit.ly/TWIAR1187
Trending headlines in this week’s bulletin service:
- Fall ARRL Section Manager Election Results Are Announced Along With Division Directors
- Dayton Hamvention Expects To Be Live Event In 2022
- ARDC Grants Will Expand Emergency Capabilities In Haiti And The US Virgin Islands
- Past ARRL Rocky Mountain Division Director Claude Maer, W0IC, SK
- Summits On The Air Activate During Japanese Vitural HamFest / Registration Begins For Virtual Ham Radio University
- Registration is Open for the 2022 ARRL National Convention in Orlando
- Escalating Covid Conditions Cancels Amateur Radio Exams In Belgium
- Federal Communications Commission Gives Thumbs Up To The First FM Capable 11 Meter Radios In The United States
- International Amateur Radio Union Gives Its Highest Honor To Three Amateurs For Leadership
- Young Radio Amateurs Are Excited For The Upcoming Youngsters On The Air Month
- Blur Rock Musician/Ham Signs A New Recording Contract
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, is on vacation and Rich DeMuro, technology reporter from KTLA sits in and talks about online assistant privacy and a lot more.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will talk about designing basic antenna mounts for your tower.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, takes a look at what he calls, the re-birth of home brewing
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill continues his in depth look at the technician class licensee during the fifties and sixties.
- The Random Access File with Bill Baran, N2FNH/SK – A Christmas Packet
- THANKSGIVING SPECIAL: As our Thanksgiving week present to you, we will have an interview of the late Art Bell, W6OBB, conducted by The QSO Today podcasts own Eric Guth 4Z1UG
RSS News: https://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: https://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in identification breaks every 10 minutes or less.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, weekends on WA0RCR on 1860 (160 Meters), and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! The bulletin/news service is available and built for air on local repeaters (check with your local clubs to see if their repeater is carrying the news service) and can be downloaded for air as a weekly podcast to your digital device from just about everywhere, including Acast, Deezer, iHeart, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, TuneIn, Stitcher, iVoox, Blubrry, Castbox.fm, Castro, Feedburner, gPodder, Listen Notes, OverCast, Player.FM, Pandora, Podcast Gang, Podcast Republic, Podchaser, Podnova, and RSS feeds. This Week in Amateur Radio is also carried on a number of LPFM stations, so check the low power FM stations in your area.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net. Or, just ask Siri, Alexa, or your Google Nest to play This Week in Amateur Radio!
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with our Executive Producer, George, via email at email@example.com.
Also, please feel free to follow us by joining our popular group on Facebook, and follow our daily feed on Twitter!
Thanks for FortifiedNet.net for the server space!