Release Date: June 26, 2021
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This week’s edition is anchored by Terry Saunders, N1KIN, Pat Huba, N2WWW, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Eric Zittel, KD2RJX, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:28:45
Download Podcast here: https://bit.ly/TWIAR1165
Trending headlines in this week’s bulletin service:
- CHESS CubeSats Will Not Carry Amateur Radio Payloads
- SAQ In Sweden To Conduct Annual Alexanderson Day Transmission
- 3Y0J Bouvet Island DXpedition Team Hasn’t Given Up The Ship
- The Future Of Amateur Radio: IARU Region One President Comments
- ARRL Announces Partnership With Maglite
- Russian Woodpecker Over The Horizon Radar Antenna Duga One Is Now A Cultural Heritage Site
- FCC Releases Further Notice in Satellite Launch Proceeding Involving 70 and 5 Centimeters, Seeks Additional Comments
- May 2021 Volunteer Monitor Program Report
- Youngsters On The Air First Round Contest Claimed Results Posted, Next Round Is July 18th
- IARU Attends International Telecommunications Union Wireless Power Transmission Sessions
- Upcoming ARRL Learning Network Webinars
- W1AW/KL7 To Serve As ARRL Headquarters Station For IARU Event
- Ham Radio Beacon Is On A Transatlantic Voyage
- Emergency Alert System Gets New Rules From The FCC
- The Federal Communications Commission Receives Petition Asking To Add A Fifth Commissioner
- The Netherlands Announces Amateur Radio License Changes
- The US Post Office Also Keeps Track Of The Sun And Solar Activity
- Amateur Radio Finds Warmth In The Frozen Antarctic
- ARISS Slow Scan Television Event Ends Field Day Weekend
- An amateur in the UK submits a FOIA request to see how many licenses have been revoked
- GM3WUX records a special amateur radio contest
- Noctilucent Clouds Spread Across Europe
- Scheduled ARISS Contacts with students across France
- WoodSat One satellite is scheduled to be launched and frequency coordinated soon.
- Last Longwave Broadcast station in France is still on the air.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, will talk about states that are launching proof of vaccination apps, and how people are gaming that system….and, he will talk about the new version of Windows, Windows 11 that was announced by MicroSoft this past Thursday.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will present Part Four of his Six part series on writing a successful public service announcement to promote your radio clubs hamfest or meeting ahead of time on local broadcast radio.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, says that there be dragons here, when you venture into uncharted territory..
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill takes a look at WARC-79, the late seventies 11 meter outbanders, the FCC okays packet radio, and peeks into the world of amateur radio in the year 1980.
RSS News: https://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: https://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in identification breaks every 10 minutes or less.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, weekends on WA0RCR on 1860 (160 Meters), and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! The bulletin/news service is available and built for air on local repeaters (check with your local clubs to see if their repeater is carrying the news service) and can be downloaded for air as a weekly podcast to your digital device from just about everywhere, including Acast, Deezer, iHeart, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, TuneIn, Stitcher, iVoox, Blubrry, Castbox.fm, Castro, Feedburner, gPodder, Listen Notes, OverCast, Player.FM, Pandora, Podcast Gang, Podcast Republic, Podchaser, Podnova, and RSS feeds. This Week in Amateur Radio is also carried on a number of LPFM stations, so check the low power FM stations in your area.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net. Or, just ask Siri, Alexa, or your Google Nest to play This Week in Amateur Radio!
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with our Executive Producer, George, via email at email@example.com.
Also, please feel free to follow us by joining our popular group on Facebook, and follow our daily feed on Twitter!
Thanks for FortifiedNet.net for the server space!