This Week in Amateur Radio #962
Week of August 5, 2017
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR962
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This is for Edition #962 with a release and air date of, August 05, 2017.This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, Don Hewlick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
This weeks program was produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
RUNNING TIME: 1:27:00
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Special Event Under Way to Mark 50 Years of Offshore Radio Broadcasting
2. ARRL Releases New Ham Radio Promotional Posters
3. Amateur Radio Participation is Key to University Solar Eclipse Experiment
4. Marty Sullaway, KC1CWF, is 2017 Amateur Radio Newsline Young Ham of the Year
5. Young English Radio Amateur Completes the Wainrights on the Air Challenge
6. Amateur Radio Personality, Broadcaster, Businessman Al Cohen, W1FXQ, SK
7. FT8 Mode is Latest Bright Shiny Object in Amateur Radio Digital World
SPECIAL TEAM COVERAGE:
8. ARRL Board Explores Entry-Level License Options, Ways to Face Future Challenges (PART ONE) REGULAR BUSINESS
9. ARRL Board Explores Entry-Level License Options, Ways to Face Future Challenges (PART TWO) AWARDS
10. ARRL Board Explores Entry-Level License Options, Ways to Face Future Challenges (PART THREE) OTHER BUSINESS
11. Northern California DX Club Launching Initiative to Get Newcomers on HF Bands
12. Canada C3 Expedition WSPR Beacon Reports Continue at High Rate; QSL Available
13. Homelessness Not a Bar to Enjoying Amateur Radio, Hawaii Ham Demonstrates
14. Millennials Unearth an Amazing Hack to Get Free TV: The Outdoor Antenna
15. Senate Confirms Rosenworcel And Carr To FCC, But Delays Voting On Chairman Pai’s Re-Nomination
16. Hara Arena Hamvention’s Former Home to be Auctioned by IRS
17. Tiny Sprite Satellites deployed and are transmitting on 70cm
18. First pass of Field Day 2017 submissions is completed
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com. Download the free Tunein.com app today.
This Week in Amateur Radio is also available on the internet as a podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In.com, Stitcher, and various other mp3 aggregators. You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.