This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1114
Release Date: July 4, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:08:27
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1114
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- AMSAT Announces 2020 Board of Directors Candidates
- National Hurricane Center’s WX4NHC Annual Station Test is Successful
- Radio Amateur Still Missing After Three Months
- Annual 13 Colonies Event Is Under Way This Week Till July 8th
- New International Amateur Radio Union Electromagnetic Compatibility Coordinator Appointed
- Prominent Radio Amateur Helping to Lead U-S Convalescent Plasma Expanded Access Study
- FCC Settles With Two Seperate Boston Radio Pirates
- Intrepid-DX Group Announces Youth Essay Contest
- Researchers Use 200 Years of Sunspot Observations to Create Sun Clock
- ARRL Illinois Section Has a New Section Manager
- MARS Announces HF Skills Exercise
- Ham Radio Reconnects Boyhood Friends after Sixty Years
- An Historic Morse Special Event Has Been Cancelled
- CQ Magazine Has A New Contesting Editor
- Rescued Radio Amateur Says Ham Radio Saved My Life
- ARRL Will Hold Its 2021 National Convention As Part Of The Orlando HamCation in February
- QSO Today Hosting The First Virtual Hamfest, Ham Expo, In August
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, takes a look at the latest ARM
Processors and how they are replacing the old X86 processors
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, talks about all the terms you need to
know about tower climbing safety equipment
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will show you how your antenna is a
filter, of sorts.
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The
Anicent Amateur Archives, this week, Bill takes an expanded look at the condition of amateur radio
following World War II
RSS News: http://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.