This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1113
Release Date: June 27, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:22:56
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1113
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Rescued Radio Amateur Says, Ham Radio Saved My Life
- Vanuatu Special Event will Celebrate 40th Anniversary of Independence
- FCC Orders Shut Down Of Radio Station Run by Chinese Propaganda Outlet
- Registration Open, Plans Firming Up for ARRL-TAPR Digital Communications Conference
- ARRL Foundation Awards Grant to Open Research Institute
- WSJT-X 2.2.2 Update Released for Field Day
- ARRL Seeks Vintage DX Logs for Archive
- ARRL to Hold National Convention at Orlando HamCation in February 2021
- Balloon Launched by Popular Web Show Host Completes Second Circumnavigation of The World
- Bell Labs Proves Existence Of Dark Suckers
- QSO Today To Host The First Virtual Ham Expo This August
- New Video Explains the Mission and Purpose of the International Amateur Radio Union
- ARISS Volunteer Tony Hutchison, VK5ZAI, Named Member of the Order of Australia
- SAQ Announces Annual Alexanderson Day Transmission
- Registration now available for RAC Advanced Course During Summer 2020
- ARRL President Rick Roderick, K5UR, Issues Field Day 2020 Statement
- Dayton Hamvention Announces New Chair, Assistant Chair for 2021 Show
- Researchers In Tropical Areas Find Power In Humidity
- Hams In Norway and Australia Looking For A Magazine Editor
- Yet More Amateur Radio Events are Moving To Video Platforms On-Line
- Virginia Air & Space Center Ends Relationship with Ham Radio
- Illinois Section Manager Steps Down, New Section Manager Appointed
- MARS Announces HF Skills Exercise
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, will answer that eternal question, “Why Does My Wi-Fi Suck So Bad?”
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, talks about maintaining those
tower guy wires.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, asks, What if You WSPR and Nobody Hears You?
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The
Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill talks about the Radio Amateur During World War Two and
The War Emergency Radio Service.
- Classic RAIN: Classic Rain: Field Day…A Humorous Look.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.