This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1112
Release Date: June 20, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:14:03
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1112
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Russian-Ukrainian Radio War Continues
- Global Pandemic STAYHOME Campaign Deemed a Success
- Visalia DX Convention to be Two Virtual Events in 2021
- Youth on the Air in the Americas Announces At Home Bonus Summer Activities
- NASA TV Coverage Of Final Space Station Spacewalk Power Upgrades
- Kids Day On The Air During The Pandemic
- Amateur Radio Discussed at CEPT Meeting
- More Amateur Radio Exam Sessions Engineering In-Person, Remote Solutions
- Field Day 2020: Balancing Tradition and Safety in the COVID-19 Era
- Tennessee Court of Appeals Affirms Contempt Ruling Against Radio Amateur
- Extra Class Question Pool due to expire on June 30, 2020
- Dayton Hamvention Announces New Chair and Assistant Chair for 2021 Show
- Transatlantic Emergency Call Amazes First Responders
- FCC Fines Arkansas Man For Operating Pirate FM Station
- Parker Solar Probe Makes Its Closest Approach Yet To The Sun
- Amateur Radio Special Event Hits The Racing Ovals
- QSO Today To Host The First Virtual Ham Expo This August
FIELD DAY SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Planning Your ARRL Field Day 2020 Operations
- ARRL Contest Program Issues Field Day 2020 FAQ List
20: Volunteer Monitoring Program Recognises “Good Operators” On The Air
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, will be here to explain Public Key Cryptography
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will tell you how to perform your
annual tower inspection.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, explains how using something for an unexpected purpose can give you many great rewards.
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The
Anicent Amateur Archives, this week, Bill talks about the amateur radio community during World War II
RSS News: http://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.