Release Date: June 13, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:25:41
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1111
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- International Postal Service Disrupted
- ARRL Contest Program Issues Field Day 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
- New Section Manager Appointed in North Dakota in Wake of Resignation
- US Air Force MARS Announces Broadcasts from MARS Chief
- AO-73 Now in Full-Time Transponder Mode
- Youth Working Group in IARU Region 1 Inaugurates YOTA Online
- IARU Submits Paper on Increasing Noise from Digital Devices
- FCC Proposes Record $225 Million Fine For Massive Spoofed Robocalls
- FCC Issues Declaratory Ruling To Promote Broadcast Internet Services
- FCC Facilitates Wireless Infrastructure Upgrades For 5G Deployment
- FCC Proposes Modernizing Rules For Additional Millimeter Wave Spectrum Bands
- FCC Adopts Bidding Procedures For October’s $16 Billion Rural Broadband Auction
- ARRL Announces Updated Features on Contest Portal
- Deadline is June 15 for 2020 McGan Silver Antenna Award Nominations
- ARRL Volunteer Monitor Program Recognizes Good Operators
- 15 Canadian Student Built CubeSats to launch from 2021
- Free Online Training Draws Lots Of Attention In The U.K.
- Brand New Weekly Contest Is Now On The Air!
- Malicious Interference Plagues Chicago Police Department
- Hams In India provide communications assistance during deadly cyclone
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, this week Leo talks about using RAM Disks with today’s technology. And, breaks down the latest with 5G.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will teach us some Tower Climbing Vocabulary.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will cover “How To Pick A Field Operating Position”
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill talks about how amateur radio fared at the 1938 Radio
Conference, and how it affected amateur radio.
- Classic RAIN: Classic Rain: Part Three of a three part talk conducted by QSO Today Host Eric Guth, 4Z1UG with amateur radio’s number one cheerleader, Gordon West, WB6NOA.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.