This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1110
Release Date: June 6, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:39:56
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1110
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Balloons with APRS Payloads to Race Across North America in Educational Challenge
- Radio Amateur, Fellow Astronaut Headed to Space Station after Historic Launch
- Amazing Opening On 144 MegaHertz from Cape Verde Islands To Poland
- European Space Agency Invites Proposals For Lunar Lander Mission In Late 2020’s
- Astronauts Bob Behnken, KE5GGX, and Doug Hurley Settling in after Historic Flight
- Dan Grady, N2SRK, Appointed as New Rocky Mountain Division Vice Director
- ARRL Foundation Announces the Frankford Radio Club Scholarship
- Spring 2020 ARRL Section Manager Election Results Announced
- The Yasme Foundation Announces Grants, Excellence Award
- AMSAT Spells Out its GOLF (Greater Orbit, Larger Footprint) Program Objectives
- COVID-19 Event To Enter High Scorers Into A Free Drawing For A Trip
- IARU Region 2 Executive Committee Meets in Videoconference
- WSJT-X Version 2.2.0 is Now in General Release
- Six Meters Recently Running Hot
- June 2020 Festival of Frequency Measurement Seeks Ham Radio Volunteers
- KN6EQU Balloon Wins Cross Country Educational Challenge Race
- Huntsville 2020 Hamfest Canceled Due To Pandemic
- GB0MZX On Air In June To Celebrate The World’s First Advertised Wireless Broadcast
- ARISS Establishes Itself as an Independent Organization
- Amateur In Utah Helps Summon Rescuers To A Mini-Van In A River
- ARRL/TAPR Digital Conference Issues Call For Technical Papers
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, talks about the latest technology, including the recent SpaceX Dragon launch to the International Space Station, and how it is designed to attract young people into the sciences.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, talks about precautions that you should be taking when climbing a commercial tower.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, takes a close up look at the humble coaxial cable.
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill takes a look at radio during the early and mid 1930’s.
- Classic RAIN: Classic Rain: Part Two of a three part talk conducted by QSO Today Host Eric Guth, 4Z1UG with amateur radio’s number one cheerleader, Gordon West, WB6NOA.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.