This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1097
Release Date: March 7, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:25:57
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1097
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- State of Maine Bicentennial Special Event Set for March 16th thru the 22nd
- Henry Radio Los Angeles Founder Ted Henry, W6UOU, is 100
- UPDATE: Motorola Wins Multimillion Dollar Theft of Trade Secrets Case against Hytera
- Dayton Hamvention Officials Keeping an Eye on Coronavirus Situation
- ARRL Foundation Announces Matching Scholarship Grants by Amateur Radio Digital Comms.
- Yasme Foundation will Honor 4U1UN Reactivation Team with its Excellence Award on March 6th
- NASA Seeks Applicants To Become Astronauts To Explore The Moon and Mars
- Amateur Radio Club President is among Two Killed in Knife Attack
- IARU Region 2 Seeks Help in Remaking Amateur Radio for the 21st Century
- Dayton Hamvention Names 2020 Award Winners
- Electronics Students at Sussex Technical High School Earn FCC Ham Radio Licenses
- International Space Station Resupply Mission to Carry New ARISS Ham Radio Gear
- Learning Morse Code The Ludwig Koch Way
- Coronavirus Fears Spur Cancellation, Postponement of Some Ham Radio Events
- AMSAT Academy to be Held Prior to Dayton Hamvention
- FCC Okays Plan To Pay Satellite Companies For Frequencies
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, talks about a massive facial recognition database being hacked, Microsoft announces that it is downsizing Cortana’s capabilies, and explains why most people do not need a full service computer when an iPad or Chromebook are a lot more secure.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will tell you how to correctly build an antenna mount for your tower.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will talk about the impersonal nature of digital and other myths.
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – Ancient Amateur Archives – History of Amateur Radio #10: Part Two of “The 1940’s VHF Spectrum Battle”
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.