Release Date: February 8, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:24:22
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1093
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Undersea Expedition Planned to Retrieve Titanic’s Radio Gear
- The Maine Bicentennial Special Event takes place March 16th thru the 22nd
- Special Event to Commemorate Amateur Radio Newsline Cofounder Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF
- ARISS Announces Hosts for Space Station Ham Radio Contacts
- President Trump Signs PIRATE Act to Combat Illegal Broadcasting
- QRZ dot com Ends Identity Verified Program
- The Auroral Connection to be Focus of 2020 HamSCI Workshop
- ARRL HF Band Planning Committee Seeks Comments on Recommendations
- IARU Region One Youngsters on the Air Summer Camp 2020 will be in Croatia
- International Amateur Radio Union Debuts New Websites
- Clayton Coleman, W5PFG, Elected AMSAT President
- Dayton Hamvention 2020 Web Portal Opens for Tickets, Exhibit Spaces
- FCC Appoints First Female Chief Technology Officer – FCC Commish Calls For ITU Replacement
- Joe Vandever, Famous Navajo Code Talker Passes At 96
- Maritime Radio Interference in France Causes Concern – Group In Spain Also Tackles Interference
- Amazon Begins The Hiring Process For Its Upcoming Satellite Project
- Amateur Radio Volunteers in Turkey Support Earthquake response.
- DX and Special Event Station Listings
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT – talks about artificial intelligence, and why the F-C-C recently issued Notices to three cell carriers.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP – Working On Side-arms
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB – “How I Host A Weekly
Net For New and Returning Amateurs.”
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – Ancient Amateur Archives – History of Amateur Radio #6
- The Random Access File with Bill Baran, N2FNH/SK – A Visit back in time with Radio Shack HT’s
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.