This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1092
Release Date: February 1, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Paul Kolacki, K2FX, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:26:06
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1092
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- New Amateur Extra Question Pool Released
- Youth on the Air Camp 2020 in the Americas Donations are being Matched
- Winlink Development Team Members Awarded Tennessee Military Department Patriot Medals
- HuskySat-1 with VHF/UHF Linear Transponder Set to Deploy Soon
- State QSO Party Challenge Announced
- Northeast HamXposition, Formerly Boxboro, Announces New Location and Dates
- ARRL Expands its Roster of Online Discussion Groups
- Foundation for Amateur Radio Invites 2020 / 2021 Academic Year Scholarship Applications
- ARRL to Argue for Continued Access to 3-GHz Spectrum as FCC Sets Comment Deadlines
- Yukon’s VY1JA Plans to Be Back for 2020 ARRL November Sweepstakes CW
- Iowa State Parks on the Air 2020 Celebrates Centennial of Iowa State Parks
- Dayton HamVention 2020 Web Portal Opens
- W8S DXpedition team readies to head to Swain Island
- Amateur Radio Volunteers in Turkey Support Earthquake Response
- Pilots On Alert. As U.S. Navy Conducts GPS Signal Jamming Exercises
- FCC Approves A Segment of the 9 Centimeter Band For Wireless
- AMSAT-NA President Joe Spier, K6WAO, Steps Down
- ARRL AM Rallyis being held this weekend
- DX News
- Special Event Station Listings
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP – Tower Coax Support
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB – Is The Frequency In Use?
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – Ancient Amateur Archives – History of Amateur Radio
- Classic RAIN: Recorded in the 1980’s The Russian OTH Woodpecker
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.