Release Date: January 18, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Paul Kolacki, K2FX, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:31:41
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1090
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Puerto Rico Volunteers Deployed to Red Cross, ARRL Sending Equipment
- Nominations Solicited for Six ARRL 2020 Awards
- Youth On The Air Month Reported a Success in the Americas
- Puerto Rico Earthquake Relief Effort Continues, with Help from Ham Radio
- AM Rally 2020 Gets Under Way on February 1st
- Brand new ARRL On the Air Podcast Premiered on January 16th
- Germany Special Event Recognizes Anniversary of Software Defined Radio Development
- Tragic Drowning Cuts Short DXpedition to Rotuma
- Leadership Elections to Highlight January 17th and 18th ARRL Annual Board Meeting in CT
- Massachusetts Amateur Club Offers Support to Arecibo Observatory Following Earthquakes
- US Air Force’s New Space Fence Nearing Operational Acceptance
- Marijuana Grow Lights Causing Interference To Amateur Operators
- Hams Step Up To Help After A Volcano Eruption in the Philippines
- Amateur Loses Battle To Build Tower Outside Massachusetts Home
- Walmart Grant Assists New Mexico Ham Club Project
- Digital Edition of ARRL Magazine Is Now Available
- West Central Florida Section Marks Its 20th Anniversary
- DX News and Special Event Station Listings
- Handi-Hams Is Looking For Amateur Radio Magazine Readers For The Print Handicapped
- Iowa State Parks On The Air, Year Long Special Event Stations are on the air
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT – Report from CES in Las Vegas
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP – Proper Tower Belting/Climbing
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB – What is In A Band Plan?
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – Ancient Amateur Archives – History of Amateur Radio
- Classic RAIN: Classic Rain Edition #: Flashback To The Pre 220 Band Reallocation Battle
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.