Release Date: January 4, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Rich Larence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Paul Kolacki, K2FX, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:09:51
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1088
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Volunteer Monitor Program Coordinator Looking Forward to a Positive 2020
- CW ops to Celebrate 10th Anniversary with January QSO Party
- Two Solar Cycle 25 Sunspots Appear
- Cuba achieves 99% pass rate in ham radio exams
- Mentally Handicapped man reunited with family, thanks to Ham radio operators
- Computer Bulletin Board System Co-Inventor Randy Suess, ex-WB9GPM, SK
- New 70-Centimeter Tropo Contact Record Claimed
- Yahoo Groups Shutdown has Ham Radio Interest Groups Seeking to Save Content
- Texas Scout Leaders Promote Amateur Radio as a Communication Resource
- IARU Region 1 Monitoring Service Coordinator DK2OM Receives IARU Diamond Award
- New England Radio Amateur Hosts Video on Tower Safety
- MIT Radio Society W1MX Announces January Lecture Series on Everything Radio
- W1AW to be on the Air for Winter Field Day
- Radio Amateurs of Canada Announces a New Section
- Over The Horizon Radars continue to cause widespread interference on the forty meter band
- New Section Manager will take over in North Carolina on April first
- Contest University, held during the Dayton HamVention, is now accepting student applications
- Neighbors try to block an amateurs antenna tower project in Massachusetts
- Discussion on the newly revised ARRL CW Proficency Award
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT – Windows Vulnerablities, Moores Law
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP – Tower Climbing and Sports Gear
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB – What Does AR Mean To You?
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – Ancient Amateur Archives – History of Amateur Radio
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.