Release Date: December 28, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:14:49
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1087
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Space X Gets FCC Okay To Re-Space Starlink Orbits/FCC rejects Kepler, SES concerns
- Roanoke Division Director Interviews Oldest US Radio Amateur
- Virginia Radio Amateur Recreated 1906 Fessenden Christmas Eve Broadcast
- OPS-SAT First-of-its-Kind Space Laboratory Launched on December 18th
- New Section Manager Will Take Over in North Carolina on April 1st
- Contest University In Dayton Now Accepting Students
- Neighbors Try To Block Amateur’s Antenna Tower in Massachusetts
- ARRL refreshes it’s podcast offerings for 2020
- The FCC formally adopts proposals to remove 3.6GHz amateur band, invites comments
- Over the Horizon radars causing widespread interference on 40 meters
- WB8IMY/W3IZ ARRL has a brand new redesigned CW Proficency Award
- FCC is amending the amateur radio RF exposure safety rules
- 2020 Dayton HamVention theme will be “Amateur Radio The Future”
- ARRL asks the FCC to dismiss the petition seeking a declaratory ruling on Encoded Messages
- DX News and Special Event Station Listings
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT – Internet and Technology Features
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP – Replacing Guy Wires
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB – The Decline of Amateur Radio
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – Ancient Amateur Archives – The History Of Repeaters – Part 2
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.