This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1085
Release Date: December 14, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Paul Kolacki, K2FX, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:30:23
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1085
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- SAQ, Sweden’s Alexanderson Alternator, Announces Scheduled Christmas Eve Transmission
- Melissa Pore, KM4CZN, is 2020 Carole Perry Educator of the Year Award Recipient
- Amateur Radio News from Antarctica
- NOAA/NASA Panel Concurs that Solar Cycle 25 will Peak in July 2025
- Year-Long German Special Event to Honor Beethoven
- FCC Amending Amateur Radio RF Exposure Safety Rules
- 2020 Dayton HamVention Theme will be Amateur Radio, The Future
- ARRL Asks FCC to Dismiss Petition Seeking Declaratory Ruling on Encoded Message Rule
- You can build a 600 W Broadband HF Amplifier Using Economically Priced LDMOS Devices
- Massachusetts has settled on a one-hand-on-the-wheel rule for mobile operation
- Two pirate ops in Boston issued fines for continuously operating despite multiple FCC warnings.
- DX News and Special Event Station Listings
- Hams activate as Typhoon Kammuri hits the Phillippines
- The FCC wants to speed up the deployment of internet service from Low Earth Orbit satellites
- The 2020 Dayton HamVention raises its admission and other fees
- ARRL to oppose recent FCC proposal to elimnate 3.3 to 3.5 Ghz amateur allocation
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT – The FBI and IOT Devices / 5G Bands
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB – The SDR Earthquake will Change Radio
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP – Annual Tower Inspections
- The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – History Of Amateur Radio Repeaters – Part 1
- Classic RAIN: Classic Rain Edition #: A Dual Christmas Special
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.