This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1084
Release Date: December 7, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS. Lots of news this week!!
Running Time: 1:32:55
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1084
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Ed Frazer, VE7EF, appointed to the Canadian Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
- Youth On The Air Month Expanding into the Americas..on the air now!
- Past ARRL Chief Technology Officer Paul Rinaldo, W4RI, SK
- US State Department Seeks Foreign Service Information Management Technical Specialists Radio
- UN Headquarters 4U1UN has been Back on the Air
- Radio Amateurs of Canada appoints New Deputy Director In The Alberta/NWT/NU Region
- The FCC Wants to Speed Up The Roll Out of Internet From Low Earth Orbit
- Oldest Known US Ham Receives ARRL Centurion Award
- Dayton Hamvention Admission, Fees to Increase in 2020
- ARRL to Oppose Proposal to Eliminate 3.3 to 3.5 GHz Amateur Allocation
- President Rick Roderick, K5UR, Heads ARRL Group on FCC Visit.
- Election will Result in ARRL Southeastern Division Leadership Changes
- ITU Posts Provisional WRC-19 Final Acts
- FCC Amending Amateur Radio RF Exposure Safety Rules in Part 97
- ARRL Asks FCC to Dismiss NYU Petition Seeking Declaratory Ruling on Encoded Message Rule
- Waldo County Maine Emergency Management Agency Deploy a New Wide-Area, Emerg. Radio Service
- FCC seeks comments on proposed digital AM broadcasting rules
- DX and Special event station listings
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT – CompuServe and AOL/How Bad Is Tech
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB – Morse Code and You
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Ham Radio “On The Rails” with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP – Part 4 of 4
- The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – This Week: Fallen Flags – “Swan Radio”
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.