This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1078
Release Date: October 26, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:22:06
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1078
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Michigan State University Amateur Radio Club Celebrates Centennial with Second-Century Special Event
- Pitcairn Island VP6R DXpedition on the Air; Injured Operator Evacuated
- ARRL Creates New Online Groups for Members to Communicate with Leadership
- FCC Turns Down Petition to Amend Amateur Radio Identification Rules
- IARU Region 2 Third Emergency Communications Workshop Reviews Recent Disaster Responses
- New 630-Meter Distance Record Claime
- World Radiocommunication Conference 2019 Gets Under Way on October 28th
- Arizona Club Takes Advantage of Low Bands to Support 100-Mile Endurance Run
- Saudi Arabia and Seychelles Join International Amateur Radio Union
- New Antenna Concept Uses Saltwater and Plastic Instead of Metal Conductor
- IARU Secretary David Sumner, K1ZZ, Offers Amateur Radio Perspective on WRC-19
- MARS Members to Work with Radio Amateurs during SET and DOD COMEX 19-4
- ARES/ACS Support 2019 Marine Corps Air Stations Miramar Air Show
- Missouri and surrounding area hams support major bicycle race
- DX and Special Event Station News
- Report causes confusion and concern in the California amateur radio community.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Writing A Public Service Announcement to Publicize your radio club. Part 4 of 6 with KF9MP
- The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – This Week: A Look Back At Olsen Electronics
- The Random Access File with Bill Baren, N2FNH/SK – The Mystery At 154.4.
- Classic RAIN: Classic Rain Edition #
- Writing a radio Public Service Announcement to Promote your Club with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP Pt 4 of 6
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.