This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1076
Release Date: October 12, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:22:54
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1076
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- The ARRL Board of Directors’ Executive Committee will meet on October 12th in Denver, Colorado
- Anna Brummer, N2FER, Feted on her 105th Birthday
- Conference Preparatory Meeting Report is now the World Radio Conference 2019 Playbook
- ARRL Public Relations Committee Invites Nominations for Bill Leonard Award
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Founding Member, and 38 Special Bassist Larry Junstrom, K4EB, SK
- Milwaukee Radio Amateurs Club Celebrates Centennial of ARRL Affiliation
- Ohio Sheriff Observes and Participates in ARES Simulated Emergency Test
- New Amateur Radio License Conditions in Effect for Australian Radio Amateurs
- Hawaii ARES Leverages Contest Station and Winlink for 2019 Simulated Emergency Test
- 75th anniversary of Voice of America Bethany Relay Station
- FCC Proposes Fining New York Radio Amateur $17,000 for Deliberate Interference
- US Coast Guard Airs Proposal to End MF Navigational Telex – NAVTEX – Broadcasts
- Vital work of WWV at Fort Collins, Colorado – 100th Anniversary Sepcial Report
- Japan’s Class 4 ham radio licence, taught in high schools, now has over 3 million licensees
- FCC Dismisses Three Petitions for Rulemaking Filed By Radio Amateurs
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History Of Repeaters Part 2
- Special Report from KUNC Radio on the 100th Anniversary of WWV
- Writing a radio Public Service Announcement to Promote your Club with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP Pt 2 of 6
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.