This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1077
Release Date: October 19, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:33:06
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1077
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Homebrew Heroes Award for 2019 in Amateur Radio Announced
- PACTOR Developer SCS Announces Monitoring Software
- Report Causes Concern and Confusion in California’s Amateur Radio Ranks
- ARRL Puerto Rico Section and Red Cross Renew Memorandum of Understanding
- Scouting’s Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) Takes Place this Weekend
- Next ARRL School Club Roundup Set for October 21st thru the 25th
- Mail Delivery Problem Affecting Delivery of Board Election Ballots in West Gulf Division
- ARRL to Launch New On the Air Magazine in January
- 20th International Amateur Radio Union Region 2 General Assembly Held in Peru
- ARES/ACS Supports 2019 Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Air Show
- NASA Spacecraft Launches on Mission to Explore Frontier of Space
- DX and Special Event Station News
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Writing A Public Service Announcement to Publicize your radio club. Part 3 of 6 with KF9MP
- The Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – This Week: The History of CONELRAD
- The Random Access File with Bill Baren, N2FNH/SK – Two Meter DX contacts.
- Classic RAIN: Classic Rain Edition #6 with Barry Goldwater, Roy McNeal, and Blair Alper Commentary
- Writing a radio Public Service Announcement to Promote your Club with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP Pt 2 of 6
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.