This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1070
Release Date: August 31, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF,Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:18:03
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1070
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Amateur Radio Resources Ready as Dorian Poised to Become a Major Hurricane
- UN Headquarters 4U1UN Making Slow but Steady Progress in Returning to Air
- Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) Station Registration Now Available
- FCC Resolves LED Products Marketing Violations Investigation with Consent Decree
- ARRL HF Band Planning Committee Reactivated to Address Spectrum Issues
- YOTA 2019 Summer Camp in Bulgaria Spawns Sub-regional Camps
- FCC petitioned to open up 45 to 50 MHz for DRM+ Broadcasting in the USA
- 160 Years Since The Carrington Event
- 144 to 146 MHz Removed from French Proposal for Additional Aeronautical Applications
- Florida Division of Emergency Management Seeking Qualified Amateur Radio Volunteers
- The Department of Defense message prompts listeners to take WWV/WWVH Surveys
- Upcoming special event stations
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY 8
- Classic RAIN: The 220 Megahertz Grab of the past
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.