This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1069
Release Date: August 24, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:12:50
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1069
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- LATE BREAKING: France Stands its Ground on 144 – 146 MHz Aeronautical Mobile Sharing Proposal
- WWV Centennial Committee Prepares for Trial Run of WW0WWV Special Event
- Radio Amateurs in India Support Rescue and Relief Operations in Wake of Flooding
- Candidates for ARRL Directors and Vice Directors Announced
- Somalia Operation Set for September
- Alexanderson Alternator Station SAQ Hails Incredible Number of Listener Reports
- ARRL-TAPR Digital Communications Conference Presentations Announced
- Efforts Continue to Enhance ARES Program, Add Resources
- Inter-American Proposal Removes 47 to 47.2 GHz from Bands under Study for 5G Services
- ARRL Contest and DXCC Rules Now Prohibit Automated Contacts
- Two Meter Sharing Proposal is on CEPT Conference Preparatory Group Agenda
- Ending the Great Radio Silence after The Great War
- FCC Staff Recommends Designating 988 as National Suicide and Mental Illness Crisis line
- The FCC dismisses the joint ARRL/AMSAT requests in the small satellite proceeding
- The Chinese Lunar Satellite PathFinder completes its mission at end of life
- Several Special event stations are coming up in the next week
- Department of Defence Message Prompts Listeners to Take WWV/WWVH Survey
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY 7
- Classic RAIN: N/A
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.