This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1071
Release Date: September 7, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fittee, NF2F, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:13:17
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1071
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- UN Headquarters 4U1UN Making Slow but Steady Progress in Returning to Air
- FCC Resolves LED Products Marketing Violations Investigation with Consent Decree
- FCC petitioned to open up 45 to 50 MHz for DRM+ Broadcasting in the USA
- 144 to 146 MHz Removed from French Proposal for Additional Aeronautical Applications
- FlexRadio Teams with Raytheon Team to Develop Airborne HF Radio
- September is National Preparedness Month
- Regional Organizations Wrapping Up WRC-19 Preparations
- Washington State Amateur Radio Club Volunteers Track Interfering Signals
- QST Congratulates its Morse Key Competition Winners
- Storm Watch Continues Along Southeastern US Coast for Hurricane Dorian
- Hurricane Watch Net Activates as Dorian Exits the US for Maritime Canada
- FCC Grants Temporary Waiver for Use of PACTOR 4 for Hurricane Response and Relief
- FCC Extends Waiver Permitting Use of PACTOR 4 for Hurricane Relief Efforts
- Concerns Aired that 5G Spectrum Expansion Could Affect Weather Data Collection
- Hurricane Watch Net Suspends Operation, May Reactivate on Saturday
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY 9
- Classic RAIN: N/A
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.