This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1066
Release Date: August 3, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:23:30
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1066
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- ARISS Owen Garriott Commemorative SSTV Event Under Way
- One Dead, One Injured in New Hampshire Ham Radio Tower Mishap
- Dhruv Rebba, KC9ZJX, is 2019 Newsline Young Ham of the Year
- ARISS Next Generation Radio System Completes Critical Flight Certification Tests
- Free Hiram Percy Maxim 150th Birthday Event Logging Software Now Available
- DXpedition Team Donates Part of QSL Fees to Galapagos Conservancy
- Ham radio volunteers assisted in the search for a missing teen
- ARRL is seeking a Development Manager for full-time employment at ARRL Headquarters
- The FCC is seeking to hire an electronics engineer
- Cape Cod ARES and SKYWARN Provide Support in Rare Cape Cod Tornado Event
- CASS DX Award winners are announced
- RSGB Announces A New FT4 Based Contest
- St. Paul Island CY9C DxPedition hits the airwaves
- ARRL Field Day 2019 Attracks nearly 3100 entries
- Some European Telecommunications Regulators are keeping an open mind on the French 2m proposal
- REC Networks proposes an 8 meter amateur band and its up for comment at the FCC
- A new device crearted at MIT makes electricity from snowfall
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY 3
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
- Talk with Norm Fasaro W3IZ at ARRL Headquarters on the new Morse Proficency Award
- Classic RAIN #1 A New Bi-weekly feature from This Week in Amateur Radio!
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.