This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1064
Release Date: July 20, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:07:30
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1064
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Dayton Hamvention 2019 Attendance Approaches All-Time Peak
- International Telecommunication Union Accepts EURAO as a Sector Member
- No Consensus Reached for FCC on Symbol Rate Issues
- Major WSJT-X Upgrade Boosts FT4 into a Finished Protocol for HF Contesting
- Award for Top Homebrew Designers in Amateur Radio Announced
- Centenarian Radio Amateur’s Efforts Helped Pave the Way to the Moon
- HWN and National Hurricane Center’s WX4NHC Activate for Tropical Storm Barry
- New Summer EURAO Party to Premier FT4
- IARU Represents Amateur Radio at CEPT Meetings
- Scouts Attending World Scout Jamboree Set to Talk with Space Station via Ham Radio
- IARU President offers assurances regarding the French 144 to 146 Mhz Allocation Proposal
- ARRL Video journalism excellence award presented
- New revised award certificate available for CW Profiency w/ Norm Fasaro W3IZ
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.