This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1063
Release Date: July 13, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:06:57
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1063
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Special Report: California Earthquakes Disrupted HF Propagation on West Coast – PART ONE
- Special Report: California Earthquakes Disrupted HF Propagation on West Coast – PART TWO
- AMSAT Announces New Board of Directors Election Process
- IARU Attends CEPT Meeting on Wireless Power Transmission
- Chinese CAS-7B Satellite Carrying an FM Transponder to Launch
- Window Closing on July 15th for Volunteer Monitor Program Applications
- Special Event Stations to Commemorate 50th Anniversary of the Apollo Moon Landing
- IARU President Offers Assurances Regarding French 144 to 146 MHz Allocation Proposal
- 2018 Leonard Award for Outstanding Video Journalism Presented
- FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 Changes Recreational Drone Flying Requirements
- Historic Amateur Radio Contact via Moon-Orbiting Satellite Reported
- 8 Meter Band Creation Proposal Up For Comment At The FCC
- Applications for the 2020 ARRL Foundation Scholarship Program
- FAA Reauthorization Act Language Serves to Exclude Vast Majority of Amateur Radio Towers
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Amateur Radio History Headlines with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.