This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1060
Release Date: June 22, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored Rich Lawrence KB2MOB, Will Rogers K5WLR, Don Hulick K2ATJ, George Bowen W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:14:25
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1060
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- New Amateur Radio Satellites Are Deployed from the ISS
- ARRL Files Interim Report with FCC in Symbol Rate Proceeding
- Montana to Get New Section Manager, Others Declared Re-elected
- New Jersey Radio Amateur to Lose License as Part of Enforcement Case Settlement
- Historic 2-Meter Transatlantic Contact Reported
- States, Counties, Municipalities Recognize Amateur Radio’s Contributions On Field Day
- ARRL ARDF Coordinator to Retire, New Coordinator Named
- Pennsylvania Radio Amateur Dies in Tower Installation Mishap
- ARRL, IARU Contingent to Attend HAM RADIO 2019 in Friedrichshafen, Germany
- LightSail 2 Set to Launch on June 22nd
- ARRL Executive Committee Establishes Ad Hoc Committee on Communications
- Morse Code is Still a Hit!
- ARRL publishes new video “What Is Amateur Radio?” for use at club meetings and to the public
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT – Special Expanded Report
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Ancient Amateur Archives Explores Amateur Radios Rich History with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
- RAIN Report: A Special on how you and your club can get the most out of Field Day
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.