This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1058
Release Date: June 8, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:10:13
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1058
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- China Set to Launch New Amateur Satellite with Sail Ball Stabilization
- Radio ham has ‘day to remember’ at Hamvention
- Saturday, June 15th is Kids Day
- AMSAT President Joe Spier, K6WAO, Awarded Russian E.T. Krenkel Medal
- New FT4 Beta Release is Leaps and Bounds Better than Earlier Iterations
- Emergency Messaging Demonstration for Red Cross, FEMA is a Success
- Ohio ARES Activates in Wake of Tornadoes that Badly Damaged Hara Arena
- Hurricane Michael Investigation Digs into Factors that Hindered Wireless Services Recovery
- Mexican amateurs respond during widespread wildfires
- Czech radio amateurs could shape the future of six meters
- Ham Astronaut becomes a star on NASA TV
- FCC adopts rules to allow phone companies to proactively block illegal robocalls
- Log Book of The World now accepts FT4 contacts included in recent update
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT – Special Expanded Report
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Ancient Amateur Archives Explores Amateur Radios Rich History with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
- RAIN Report: Lightening Safety and Your Amateur Station
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.