This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1056
Release Date: May 25, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:18:33
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1056
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Hamvention 2019 – Friday Roundup
- Hamvention 2019 – Saturday Roundup
- Hamvention 2019 – Sunday Roundup
- Radio Amateurs of Canada appoint two new officers
- The Radio Amateur Society of Australia proposes 60m trial in VK
- California Resident Sentenced To Prison For Death Threats to FCC Chairman Over Net Neutrality Repeal
- CQ Announces 2019 Hall of Fame Inductees – Part One CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
- CQ Announces 2019 Hall of Fame Inductees – CQ DX Hall Of Fame / Contest Hall Of Fame
- AMSAT-NA Issues Call for Board of Directors’ Nominations
- NASA Invites Public To Submit Names To Fly Aboard Next Mars Rover
- ITU Working Party 5A1 Completes Draft New Report on WRC-19 Agenda Item 1.1
- June Event in Europe to Assess Activity, Ability to Share Spectrum on 6 Meters
- Yasme Foundation Designates Supporting Grant, Excellence Award Recipients
- FCC Re-Charters Technological Advisory Council for New Term
- Springtime ARRL Section Manager Election Results Announced
- 175th Anniversary of Morse Code
- The 2019 Atlanta Hamfest has been Cancelled
- RSGB announces the Cricket Championships Contest and special event callsigns
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Ancient Amateur Archives Explores Amateur Radios Rich History with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.