This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1049
Release Date: April 06, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:18:19
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1048
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Bob Famiglio, K3RF, Appointed to Fill Atlantic Division Vice Director Vacancy
- ARRL Board’s Public Service Enhancement Working Group has New Chair
- Three Additional Amateur Radio-Related Petitions Now Open for Comment
- Petition for Rule Making Calls for Amateur Digital Mode Transparency
- Florida ARES, State of Florida Considering Memorandum of Understanding
- Department of Defense to Transmit Interoperability Exercise Info via WWV/WWVH
- FCC Invites Comments on Amateur Radio-Related Petition for Rule Making
- Tyro License Proposal Now Open for Public Comment
- A New Digital Mode For Radio Amateurs
- Amateur Radio Sessions Set for 2019 National Hurricane Conference
- ARRL Representatives to Attend Annual National Association of Broadcasters Convention
- Comet Named after Hawaiian Radio Amateur
- Frequency Measuring Test Success Does Not Require Sophisticated Equipment
- The beat goes on in IARU Region One with Over The Horizon Radar
- ARRL Seeks Contest Program Manager
- FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Technician Enhancement Proposal
- Body of Pennsylvania Amateur Found
- Congress Grills Official’s Wife About Ham Radio Activity With Russia
- FCC Agrees to 90-Day Pause in Consideration of WT Docket 16-239
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.