This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1048
Release Date: March 30, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:11:23
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1048
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- ARES Helps Iowa Water Utility to Resolve RFI Issue
- Team Exuberance to Take Over K3LR Superstation for CQ WW WPX
- ARISS Seeks Hosts for Ham Radio Contacts with Space Station Crew Members
- 3Y0I Bouvet Island DXpedition Postponed, Not Canceled
- Colorado ARES Volunteers Muster for Bomb Cyclone Winter Storm
- Ohio ARES Provides Situational Awareness During January Blizzard
- Whither Digital Radio Mondial?
- FCC asked to allow all-digital on AM band
- Department of Defense to Transmit Interoperability Exercise Info via WWV/WWVH
- 2019 QST Key Design Competition Deadline is June 1st, 2019
- ARRL announces new iPhone app for QST on the go
- The FCC adopts new rules for spectrum above 95gHz in branded Spectrum Horizons
- The FCC sites amateur service rules violations in unlicensed broadcasting case
- Smithsonian Institution NN3SI returning to the amateur bands
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- NEW: Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.