This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1040
Release Date: February 2, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:08:42
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1040
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
- The FCC is Back in Business
- FCC Now Processing Amateur Radio Applications
- Amendment Aims to Promote CITEL/CEPT Amateur Radio Operating Reciprocity
- FCC Resets Filing Deadlines, Receipt Dates in Wake of Government Shutdown
- National Weather Service Dropping High Seas and Storm Warnings on WWV/WWVH
- Geoffrey Starks Sworn in as FCC Commissioner
- HamSCI 2019 Workshop Issues Second Call for Papers, Speakers
- ARRL Board of Directors Tackles Ambitious Agenda
- ARRL Board Bestows Bill Leonard, W2SKE, Media Awards
- Nominations Invited for CQ Contest Hall of Fame
- Young Amateurs Radio Club Wants to Pair Youthful Contesters with Big Gun Stations
- ARRL Launches new podcast “So Now What” for new amateurs
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast
- Fallen Flags #1 The National Radio Corporation – A New Series by Bill Continelli W2XOY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.