This Week in Amateur Radio Combined Editions #1032
Release Date: December 08, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:05:58
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1032
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
- FCC Tells LED Sign Marketers to Abide by Statutes and Rules
- 2018 ARRL Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Award Presented in Festive Style
- RAC: Neil Carleton, VE3NCE, appointed to the Canadian Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
- South African Radio League meets ham radio regulator ICASA
- Additional amateur radio communication Cubesats set to launch
- RAC Limited edition RAC 25th Anniversary Challenge Coin: Available until December 3st
- NASA astronaut Nick Hague KG5TMV set for new space station mission after aborted launch in October
- New Two-Ham ISS Crew Launched to the International Space Station
- Canadian National Parks on the Air Event Set to Start on January 1st
- Fox-1Cliff Launched Successfully, Now Designated AO-95
- ARRL 2018 Philip J. McGan Award Presented
- Attorney Jane Hinckley Halprin Named as FCC’s Administrative Law Judge
- ARRL Antenna Design Award winnter announced. To be published in QST
- ARRL announces new CW Key Design Contest begining in 2019
- ARRL International Grid Chase certificates page is now live.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: From 2004, a flashback interview on The Life&Times of K2ORS with Eugene Bergmann
Weekly Propagation Forecast
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.