This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1109
Release Date: May 30, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:44:27
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1109
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Historic SpaceX Launch Carrying Radio Amateur, Fellow Astronaut, Got Scrubbed, Rescheduled
- Hurricane Exercise Carried Out in Southeastern US
- Another New Beta Version of WSJT-X is Available
- IARU Region 2 Workshops and Seminars Are A Success. More to Come
- Is the Earths Magnetic Field South Atlantic Anomaly Splitting in Two?
- Temporary Rule Waivers Announced for 2020 ARRL Field Day
- Global Pandemic Radio Event Set for June 6th and 7th
- Social Distancing Exam Sessions Demonstrate Pent Up Demand for Testing
- Moonbounce Contact via FT8 Could be a First
- Rocky Mountain Vice Director Resigns to Accept Appointment as Colorado Section Manager
- AO-27 Vintage Amateur Satellite Becomes Partially Active
- General Electric Is Saying Goodbye To Its 129 Year Old Light Bulb Business
- Hytera Subsidiary In The U-S Files For Bankruptcy Protection
- India Hamfest Cancels Event Scheduled For November – More Activities Switch To Virtual Events
- Virtual Amateur Radio Teams Present 100 Watts and a Wire Tune-Up
- Strange Recurring Microwave Signal Traced By Scientists To A Black Hole In Space
- Radio Society Of Great Britain Is Looking For Interference Reports
- This Week in Amateur Radio Debuts A Brand New Web Site
- ARRL Director, Vice Director Nominations Invited In Five ARRL Divisions
- Planning Your ARRL Field Day 2020 Operation. Important tips Not To Forget
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, will talk about web cookies, and the European General Data Protection Regulation.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will give you tips to stay safe while
climbing your tower at night.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will talk about how the Antenna and Coax you use really matters.
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The
Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill takes a look at “The Student Information Network” of the
- Classic RAIN: Classic Rain: QSO Today interview with Gordon West WB6NOA. Part One
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.