This Week in Amateur Radio #1016
Release Date: August 18, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This week’s edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:04:54
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1016
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. NIST FY 2019 Budget Would Eliminate WWV and WWVH
2. HAARPs WSPR Research Campaign Yields Hundreds of Reports on 40 and 80 Meters
3. Storm Takes Down Antennas at Memorial Ham Station on Swedish-Norwegian Border
4. Indonesian Hams Take Advantage of Satellite for Post-Earthquake Communication
5. New FCC Part 95 Personal Radio Services Rules Published in The Federal Register
6. Texas Volunteer Examiner Setting Sights on Next 1,000 Exam Sessions
7. Ham-Astronauts among First Nine Astronauts Scheduled to Fly on Commercial Spacecraft
8. Weather and Tides Could Hamper Second Market Reef Youth Team Landing
9. ARISS Packet Radio System Expected to be Back Late this Year
10. UN Amateur Radio Club’s 4U1UN Makes Major Moves toward Getting Back on the Air
11. Amateur Radio News shorts
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: More on what’s In Your Amateur Radio Toolbox with Ken Bailey, K1FUG
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at email@example.com.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.