This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1108
Release Date: May 23, 2020
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by is anchored by Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:51:31
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1108
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- ARRL Invites Applications for the Position of Chief Executive Officer
- FCC to Vote on Plan to Use ATSC 3.0 for Broadcast Internet
- ARRL Invites Applications for Awards and Programs Assistant
- Islands On The Air Users May Obtain Award Credits via Logbook of The World
- IC-705 QRP SDR Transceiver Update From Icom
- CQ Announces 2020 Hall of Fame Inductees
- ARISS Multipoint Telebridge Contact via Amateur Radio Concept Proving Successful
- Director, Vice Director Nominations Invited in Five ARRL Divisions
- Federal Judge Okays Retrieval of Titanic Marconi Wireless Equipment
- Florida Hams Ready For Historic Launch of United States Astronauts
- ABC Network Renews Last Man Standing For New Season
- Australia’s Amateurs Asked To Share Their Views On 60 Meter Band Use
- Amateur Radio Gearing Up for Predicted Above Average Atlantic Hurricane Season
- Well-Known HF Operator Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ – SK
- DXCC Convention is cancelled.
- The Gulf Coast Hurricane Season Special Event is coming up.
- ARRL seeks clarification of the amended amateur service RF Safety Rules.
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, will talk about a brand new DNS service you can use for free to increase your privacy on-line, and he will also talk about the abundance of dark fiber around the country.
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO – AMSAT Satellite News
- Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will tell you the proper way to secure the feedline to the tower.
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will talk about Buying and Using Pre-Loved Equipment
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Bill Continelli, W2XOY – The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of The
Ancient Amateur Archives, this week, Bill talks about the 1974 Proposed FCC Restructuring Plan For
Amateur Radio. Part Two, and looks at the Class E Citizens Band Proposal.
- SPECIAL REPORT: ESSB “Enhanced Single Sideband” with Art Bell, W6OBB, and a special
interview with John Anning, NU9N by George Bowen W2XBS.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built-in ID breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregates like Spotify and Stitcher too. Visit our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.