This Week in Amateur Radio #981/982
Week of December 23, 2017
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. December 23, 2017.
This weeks edition is anchored by, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, and Jessica Bowen, KB2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:29:21
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://bit.ly/TWIAR982
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. FCC Proposes $25,000 Fine for Breaking Now-Voluntary Labeling Rules
2. Norway Completes Transition to Digital Audio Broadcasting
3. Logbook of the World to Add Support for CQ WAZ Award
4. Radio Anniversaries Abound in December
5. South African Radio League to Host 2018 YOTA Camp
6. Goldfarb Scholarship Winner Accepts “Amazing Opportunity” to Intern for NASA
7. Amateur Radio Volunteers Active in Latest Round of California Wildfires
8. One of Oldest US Radio Stations to Go Dark
9. FCC Penalizes Marketer of Ham-Band Drone Audio-Visual Transmitters
10. More Room to be Available for Hamvention at Greene County Fairgrounds and Expo Center
11. Vietnam Vet, Radio Amateur Granted Dying Wish to Get on the Air One More Time
12. Christmas Caroling via HF from Antarctica Set for December 23rd
13. January 1st Hosts Events for Legacy Keys – SKN/Straight Key Night
14. New digital mode FT8 puts beacon off air
15. New Changes take effect on latest issue of QST
Plus these Special Features This Week:
“A Christmas Packet” with the late Bill Baran, N2FNH
“A Hams Christmas”
The Grid Chase Challenge begins in two weeks with Steve Ford, WB8IMY
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT,
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Talk given by Noted Contester Tim Duffy K3LR on his Mid West Contesting Antenna Farm
Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety with Greg Stoddard, KF9MP
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.