This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1052
Release Date: April 27, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:50:11
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1052
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- FCC Seeks Telecommunications Specialist
- Three BIRDS Constellation CubeSats Delivered to ISS for Orbital Deployment
- Faster, More Contest-Friendly FT4 Digital Protocol to Debut in a Week
- Some 70 stations have registered to take part in the 2019 International Marconi Day
- IARU Argues for Protection from Wireless Power Transfer Spurious Emissions
- Low Audio for ISS SSTV Transmissions Raises Issue of Crew’s Ability to Intervene
- Meet the Author at the ARRL National Convention
- FCC Asked to Allow All Digital Transmissions on AM Band
- The Upside of Remote Control
- New Distracted Driving Law in Arizona and Minnesota Exempts Amateur Operators
- ARRL and FCC Sign Memorandum to Implement New Volunteer Monitor Program
- Hamvention Opening Gates free to the public on Final Day of 2019 Show
- Solar Cycle 25 looks to be a duplicate of Cycle 24 scientists predict
- Amsat Academy to be held prior to this years HamVention
- Mentoring the Next Generation is HamVention and ARRL National Convention Theme for 2019
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
- RAIN: Part One Of Eric Guth Interview with the late Art Bell, W6OBB
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.