This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1051
Release Date: April 20, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:14:44
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1051
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- Amateur Radio in Space Pioneer Astronaut Owen Garriott, W5LFL, SK
- ARRL Foundation Announces Dick Hanna, K3VYY, Memorial Scholarship
- Honda Portable Generators Recalled Due to Potential Fire Hazard
- AMSAT Academy to be Held Prior to Hamvention
- Hamvention Opening Gates free to the public on Final Day of 2019 Show
- ARRL and FCC Sign Memorandum to Implement New Volunteer Monitor Program
- Mentoring the Next Generation is Hamvention and ARRL 2019 National Convention Theme
- World Amateur Radio Day 2019 Marks International Amateur Radio Union Founding
- Solar Cycle 25 Predicted to be Similar to Cycle 24
- MIT Requests FCC Rules Waiver for Medical Monitoring Device
- Djibouti J20DX IOTA DXpedition Thwarted by Bureaucracy
- Florida Emergency Organizations sign Memorandum of Understanding
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
- Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY-
- RAIN: Being Prepared with Rob Orr, K9RST Commentary
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.