This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1047
Release Date: March 23, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Fred Fittee, NF2F, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:09:09
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1047
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- W1AW Endowment Contributions will be Properly Credited Despite Incorrect Return Envelope
- FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Technician Enhancement Proposal
- South Orkney Islands DXpedition
- FCC Adopts New Rules for Spectrum above 95 GHz in Branded Spectrum Horizons Initiative
- IARU Represents Amateur Radio at WRC-19 Preparatory Meeting
- Canadian Amateur Radio Interference Case Adjudicated
- FCC Cites Amateur Service Rule Violations in Unlicensed Broadcasting Case
- HAARP Gearing Up for its Spring Research Campaign
- FCC Seeks Electronics Engineer for Dallas, Texas, Area
- 3Y0I DXpedition Team Reports It has Departed for Bouvet Island
- Smithsonian Institution’s NN3SI Returning to the Air
- Hans Zimmermann, HB9AQS/F5VKP, Receives IARU Diamond Award
- Amateur Radio Becoming More Expensive in Tunisia
- Comments Due March 22 on Proposed Updates to the National Emergency Communications Plan
- The Two “Entry-Level” Petitions Now Accepting Comments are Very Different
- A quick look at other DxPeditions currently underway and in the planning stages
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast
- Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.