This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1046
Release Date: March 16, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF,Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Fred Fittee, NF2F, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:09:09
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1046
Trending headlines in this weeks bulletin service:
- More Mentors Needed for New ARRL Emergency Communications Course Sessions
- VP6R will be Call Sign for October DXpedition to Pitcairn Island
- Canada’s Amateur Radio Population Showing Continued Growth
- ITU Strengthening Emergency Telecommunications in the Americas
- Survey: FT8 Growing as DX Mode in an Era of Waning Propagation
- Tyro License Proposal Now Open for Public Comment
- FCC Invites Comments on ARRL Technician Enhancement Proposal
- Bart Jahnke, W9JJ, Appointed as New ARRL Radiosport and Field Services Manager
- ARRL Field Day Web Content Updated for 2019
- Hamvention Announces 2019 Award Winners
- ARRL Supports No Change to Table of Allocations for 45.5 to 47 and 47 to 47.2 GHz Bands
- New West Gulf Division Vice Director Appointed
- How to Clean Up after a Battery Leak
- DMR Weather Net assists during recent Bomb Cyclone in the midwest
- Amateur in Washington In Battle Over Russian Broadcasts
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast
- Ancient Amateur Archives with Bill Continelli, W2XOY – “Techs in the Fifties”
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.