This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1039
Release Date: January 26, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 58:27
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1039
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
- Reports of Knacksat CubeSat Reception Requested
- New 2200-Meter Beacon on the Air from Australia
- FCC Reactivating Equipment Authorization System
- OPDX Bulletin Mailing List is Victim of Hamnet.org Server Hack
- ARRL Board of Directors Issues Statement on Amateur Radio Parity Act
- Amateur Radio Applications Piling Up as Partial Government Shutdown Continues
- FCC January 30 Meeting Format Dependent upon Shutdown’s Status
- New ARRL CEO Wants to Start a Conversation
- ARRL Launching New Podcast Geared Toward New Radio Amateurs
- Europe’s Youngsters on the Air Enthusiasm Breeds Exuberance in US
- Ailing ARISS HamTV Transmitter Back on Earth for Inspection, Possible Repair
- John Robert Stratton, N5AUS, is New ARRL West Gulf Division Director
- ITC Import Ban To Take Effect On Certain Model Hytera Transceivers
- Indonesian Amateurs Get New Bands
- Over The Horizon Radars detected on the HF bands
Plus these Special Features This Week:
- Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
- Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
- Weekly Propagation Forecast
- What is the origins of the SOS signal? A special report.
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.