This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1035 / #1036 New Year’s Edition
Release Date: January 5, 2019
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by George W2XBS, and Will Rogers, K5WLR, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 0:56:26
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1036
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
- FCC Outlines Impact on its Operations of Potential Funding Lapse
- Third Wednesday Monthly Communications Exercises Set
- FCC Reaches $900,000 Settlement in Unauthorized Satellite Launch Case
- WRTC 2022 Organizing Committee Unveils New Website, Initial Qualification Rules
- Radio Amateurs Position to Support Emergency Communication in Tsunami’s Wake
- New Section Manager in Southern New Jersey, Eight Incumbents to Continue in Office
- Countdown to Third Annual AM Rally Has Begun
- New D-STAR ONE Nanosatellites Launched; Es’hail-2 Testing Under Way
- China’s new antenna is five times the size of New York City, but some fear it could be a cancer risk
- US Senate Confirms Geoffrey Starks and Brendan Carr to Full FCC Terms
- ARRL Foundation Scholarships are now accecpting applications
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
Weekly Propagation Forecast
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.