This Week in Amateur Radio #1029
Release Date: November 17, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This weeks edition is anchored by Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fittee, NF2F, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:20:33
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1029
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Eastern Mass. SEC Rob Macedo, KD1CY, Receives Blue Hills Observatory Outstanding Service Award
2. ARRL Executive Committee Recommends Small Addition to Articles of Association
3. SpaceX launch from KSC to achieve ‘dream’ of ham radio enthusiasts
4. Montenegro, Lithuania Latest to Join the 60-Meter Band Community
5. Radio Amateurs of Canada Corporate Secretary Sukwan Widajat, VA3WID, SK
6. Amateur Radio Issues under Discussion in Geneva in Advance of WRC-19
7. Inaugural Green Keys Night Set for January 1st
8. Maritime Mobile Service Network Operators Assist Vessel with Ill Crew Member
9. Southern New Jersey ARES Team Assists in Missing-Person Search
10. New Beta Version of WSJT-X is Now Available, Mock FT8 Contest Set
11. ARRL November Sweepstakes CW 2018 Log Count Tops Last Year’s
12. SpaceChain Foundation advances Blockchain-based satellite network
13. Amateur Radio Volunteers at the Ready for California Fire Duty
14. SKYWARN Recognition Day 2018 is Saturday, December 1st UTC
15. FCC Approves Use of Chinas Galileo Global Navigation Satellite System in the US
16. AMSAT Fox 1-Cliff satellite is launching on November 19th
17. December is Youth On The Air month
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Bob Heil/K9EID – Part Two of Three on the History of Heil Microphones
Weekly Propagation Forecast
National Grid Chase Update with Steve Ford WB8IMY and Bart Jahnke W9ZJ
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, ands all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. We are hosted by various podcast aggregators like Stitcher too. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio.