This Week in Amateur Radio #1019
Release Date: September 8, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This week’s edition is anchored by Rich Lawrence, KB2MOB, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:35:45
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1019
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Reverse-Polarity Sunspot Group Does Not Belong to Cycle 25, Observatory Says
2. Brazil gets 60m and other new bands in 90 days and more
3. Digital Mobile Radio Hotspots May Be Interfering with Satellite Uplinks, AMSAT Reports
4. Ham Radio will be Represented at 9th Annual World Maker Faire in New York City
5. Hurricane Watch Net Manager: September is Gearing Up to be an Active Month
6. IOTA Reviewing List of Valid Island Groups
7. North Korea’s Voice of Korea Delights Avid Shortwave Listener
8. Radio Amateurs Receive Images from Chinese Lunar Satellite
9. September’s US Route 66 On the Air Special Event Marks 19th Year
10. Korea issues postage stamp honoring amateur radio direction finding
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: The origins of The Gateway 160 Meter Newsletter Bulletin Service with Vern Jackson, WA0RCR
FCC Podcast: “More Than Seven Dirty Words” Episode Two
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.