This Week in Amateur Radio #1018
Release Date: September 1, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This week’s edition is anchored by Will Rogers, K5WLR, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:08:24
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1018
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Young people are the future leaders in Amateur Radio
2. ARRL Foundation Announces Dick Warren, K6OBS, Memorial Scholarship
3. FCC Sticks by Prescribed Page Limit in Denying Request in Radio Amateur’s Appeal
4. An Amazing Recovery: ARISS Packet System Revives
5. Long-Time Army MARS Public Information Officer Among MARS Presidential Lifetime Achievement Award Winners
6. New ARRL Chief Executive Officer Elected by Board of Directors
7. FCC Launches More than Seven Dirty Words Podcast
8. Ham Radio Equipment for Emergency Communication Delivered in Honduras
9. Young Montgomery, Alabama radio hams earn awards
10. CITEL Addresses Telecommunications Initiatives Prior to ITU Plenipotentiary Conference
11. Korean Postage Stamp Recognizes Amateur Radio Direction Finding Championships
12. Colorado Club Supports Make-A-Wish Foundation Trailblaze Challenge
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: Introduction to SDR (Software Defined Radio) technology – a 2018 Dayton Hamvention forum
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at email@example.com.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.