This Week in Amateur Radio #1017
Release Date: August 25, 2018
Here is a summary of the news trending this week. This week’s edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Amy Jo Clarke, George W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited (and a little anchoring too the week) by W2XBS.
Running Time: 1:13:13
Download here: http://bit.ly/TWIAR1017
Trending stories in this weeks bulletin service:
1. Concern Rising within Amateur Radio Community over WWV-WWVH Shut Down Proposal
2. US Coast Guard Warns of LED Lighting Interference to Marine Radios, AIS Reception
3. Consent Decree Settles FCC Noncompliant Drone Transmitters Marketing Case
4. Kerala, India, Flooding: Radio Amateurs Assist Rescue Operations
5. Summer Section Manager Election Results Announced
6. Company Established by Inventor Nathan Cohen, W1YW, Advances Cloaking Technology
7. ARRL Announces Director, Vice Director Candidates for Fall Election
8. Earthquake Hits Venezuela, Net Activates
9. Short-Wave Radio Reports May Offer Best Evidence of Amelia Earharts Fate
10. ARRL and others on standby for Hurricane Lane in Hawaii
11. ARRL launches new contest related website
12. Equipment is packed and on its way to Ducie Island for the DXpedition
13. VE7DS/VE7DW are named as RAC Amateurs of the Year
14. The SAQ Alternator receives numerous reception reports
15. ARISS Packet Radio System will be returning to the air by years end
Plus these Special Features This Week:
Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT
Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO
Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB
RAIN: A look back at a not too successful mode: Amplitude Companderd Sideband.
Weekly Propagation Forecast Report
RSS News: http://twiar.net/twiar.rss
Automated: http://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in ident breaks every 10 minutes for you to legally
identify your station.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world. on amateur radio repeater systems, the low bands, and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too on your favorite digital device. You can find us among talk radios best on TuneIn.com, or via iTunes and Google Play. The program can also be found on YouTube, RoKu, Apple TV, and Chromecast, the podcast is also available on Blubrry Podcast Hosting, Stitcher, and we are historically archived by The Internet Archive. We are also hosted by various podcast aggregators. Vist our site for details.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device directly from our own web site. Visit us today at www.twiar.net.
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with us via our Facebook group. Search for us under This Week in Amateur Radio. Or, send an email to our Executive Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our special groups on FaceBook and Twitter! Search for This Week in Amateur Radio.